Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2011 Mazda bt50 with the 5 cylinder 3.2 liter

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Mazda bt50 with the 5 cylinder 3.2 liter diesel engine it had jumped a tooth or 2 on the timing chain suspecting the worst I removed the head expecting to find bent valves there were none. having put the motor back together I cannot get it to start it appears to me that it is still out of timing. The information I have suggests that you measure the circumference of the fly wheel & multiply that figure by 1388 & after you determined top dead center you then put 2 marks counter clockwise on the flywheel using the calculated figure the second mark being 50 degrees before tdc locking the flywheel in place you then proceed to lining up the timing chain.How would I Know if the flywheel was in time with the injector computer? as it appears there is only a sensor at the back of the motor any help would be greatly accepted
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that was 0.1388 that you multiply by the circumference of the flywheel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to go to work now an email would be ok thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one here has replied with the info you are looking for on this.In some cases timing specifications can be difficult to obtain for this model here or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.The best place to find this info from is a dealer or repair center that works on this model here.There should be set timing specifications that need to be set to correct this here.If this is not an option for you let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering, Well here is my problem. It is hard to buy parts for this model here in Australia unless you buy from a dealer. I had a problem with one of the CV shafts on this vehicle one month after the warranty ran out and the dealer I bought the vehicle off could have got me the part at $700 plus $200 to fit it and he said it would be a month wait to get the part. I am a farmer and needed my ute so I managed to get one from an auto parts store for $180 and I fitted it myself, so I don't feel like talking to him about my problem. I have recently bought a new ute (from a different dealer) so I'm not stuck
but I would still like to get this ute to go as it did set me back over $45000 when I bought it.
So all I want to know is does the electronic injectors need to be timed with the flywheel some how as I am confused as to how the injectors know when to fire as the flywheel is aligned with the flywheel sensor when the motor is top dead center compression stroke as well as top dead center exhaust stroke. I am sure other common rail diesels must be of similar design. Any sort of a clue would most appreciated. thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I dont have the info you need on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem is still not solved. Maybe my question was to complicated. So all I am asking is if somebody knows how to time a Ford 5 cylinder 3.2 liter duratorq engine. That's crankshaft to valves as well as computer to injectors there must be thousands of these engines so someone must know any help at all will be appreciated