Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Im ***** ***** i have a hq kingswood, with 304 injected in

Customer Question

Customer: hi there im ***** ***** i have a hq kingswood, with 304 injected in it. the motor and loom came out of another kingswood sp it already has all the unnessary parts removed. however i want to modify it to suit my setup - ie th700 lockup function - where do i find a decent wiring diagram???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i need a vn v8 engine management wiring diagram - and any advice on what is the minium the computer needs to function? previous owner removed the exhaust sensor... will this make it run more effienct? more power? i have headers with the hole for it...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah sure sounds great
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
as you can see someone modified the loom to have the fuses and relays and coil under the dash
i want to locate these by the battery with the rest of my relays (i previously rewired my car so the factory wires triped relays for fans - high and low beam - starter)
i need a decent wiring diagram with all the pins from the computer (stroked & chiped to 5.7ltr) - computer(###) ###-####i have a th700 so would like to use the lockup function , do i need the speed sensor for this? where do i get this from?
there are 2 plugs close to the computer.. what are these for?
i currently have the fans running via a switch - does the loom have a wire to trip my relay instead?
i will be cutting a hole behind the passenger guard and mounting the computer under the dash.
and also want to remove all unused wires from the loom to make it tidy
coil will be mounted under the bonnet.HQ Kingswood 5.0ltr 304 injection conversion VN V8 VP engine management wiring diagram
i have researched and found the v6 v8 computer is the same - just the chip differs - the vr vs looms are alot harder to modify
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

I have done a similar conversion VN/VP wiring into VB Commodore.

355 stroker/ 4L60 auto.

You need the O2 sensor.

You need an inline VSS (vehicle speed sensor) fitted to your speedo cable.

And then you need a "magic box" between the VSS and the ECM.

The factory VSS signal goes to the instrument cluster first for displayed speed, the signal goes through a divide by 5 counter and then to the ECM. The ECM needs this to control the IAC so the car doesn't stall.

I would contact Castlemaine Rod shop:

http://www.rodshop.com.au/index.php/holden/ls2-4l60-4l80-conversion-wiring-loom-1492.html

Hope this helps.

Gary