Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

We have a 2011 Birdsville Elite motor home on a Fiat Ducato

Customer Question

We have a 2011 Birdsville Elite motor home on a Fiat Ducato chassis. We have about 17,000km on the clock. The last service was 22 October 2015. We took it to Bomaderry in November for a service on the unit and were told that we had a diesel fuel leak. We took it back to the mechanic in Batemans Bay on 23 November and assumed it was fixed. There was virtually no fuel left in the tank. We intended to go on the road today down to South Australia and yesterday my husband filled up the tank and brought it home ready to pack when we found that diesel was pouring down from the engine AGAIN. We are taking it back on Thursday for another check by the local mechanic but looking on the net, I have discovered that this appears to be a common problem. What is the answer?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Cracked or loose fuel lines will cause this leading to the fuel filter or engine.I have also seen leaking fuel injector lines cause this as well.This will have to be inspected further to pinpoint and repair the leak here.If the mechanic is unable to repair or locate this fault you will have to take it to a different repair facility to locate the fault for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete