Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I am the owner of 2006 factory turbo Toyota landcruiser have

Customer Question

Customer: hi I am the owner of 2006 factory turbo Toyota landcruiser have had since new blows heaps of black smoke serviced every 5k air and fuel filters changed regular travelled 150k doesn't seem to affect performance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: blows smoke continually first thing then gradually goes bit under acceleration ay say 90k and if accelerating reasonably hard cannot see back of vehicle for black smoke
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, there are few possible causes -

fuel injectors worn and allowing too much fuel

high pressure fuel pump faulty

turbo failing

worn piston rings

Because there doesnt seem to be a loss in performance, I more suspect the injectors or pump. An injector balance test and fuel pressure test need to be done in order to determine which is at fault and then make necessary repair

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Eric thanks for responding having had the vehicle since new and the problem has been there since day 1 might add the dealer wasn't interested I'dont think it is any of the said causes do you think it would be possible if the injectors or pump have not been set since new
Cheers
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Ok, that being the case, I suspect the high pressure pump was calibrated and set up incorrectly out of the factory. Sometimes you can get away with simply recalibrating it with a scan tool, and other times it will need to be partially rebuilt to set it up properly.

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks