Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Greg I have a 2000 Hyundai Accent and I have an issue with

Customer Question

Customer: Hey Greg I have a 2000 Hyundai Accent and I have an issue with the fuel injection system I think. I've had trouble with the car not starting and also the motor stopping when I'm driving. I'm not sure what part it is but it's the long cylinder attached to the throttle body
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It feels like there is no fuel getting through. The motor cranks over but will not start and there is a whirring sound coming from the part I mentioned
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 10 months ago.

Hi .

When the engine is running is the check engine light ON .

Can you check for malfunction codes ,

Can you take a photo of the part you mentioned .is it black and plastic/rubber .

Greg