Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I've just replaced batteries in me 2006 e200 key. It unlocks

Customer Question

I've just replaced batteries in me 2006 e200 key. It unlocks and locks the car after a bit of a delay. But it won't turn in the ignition
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've tried it a few more times and now the ignition works.... But not the lock / unlock
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the key itself.I have seen the key/remote fail or act up like this before in the past and had to replace it.Since it is or was intermittently allowing the locks to operate but has failed to work them now and was acting up intermittently in the ignition this sounds like the key/remote needs replaced to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete