Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My t5 tai transporter over heats only going up ll. I have

Customer Question

My t5 tai transporter over heats only going up hill . I have changed water pump , thermostat, fan stat , timing belt , coolant cap , and got head gasket pressure tested what do you think it could b ?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases this can be an issue with poor coolant flow in the engine.When going uphill the engine is under load which causes more heat to build up and if there is a slight restriction in the engine cooling system or radiator this will cause this here.The coolant system will need flushed completely to free up and remove any debris from it as well as the radiator checked for proper flow to see if it needs replaced.Also check the air flow through the radiator to see if any air flow issues are found like bent radiator finis or debris in front of it needing removed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete