Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Curtis, My ford Courier whines in 1st and 2nd gear and seems

Customer Question

Hi Curtis,
My ford Courier whines in 1st and 2nd gear and seems to over rev when i push the clutch in to change gear, other gears are quite quiet. should I be worried?
cheers
Graham
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry and vehicle
is 2002 - 89000 on the clock
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The type of whine you are describing in most cases is the early signs of bearing wear and usually means at some point they will need to be replaced. The over reeving is not likely related and is likely the throttle is hanging up or the IAC (idle air control) valve is sticking and cleaning it and the throttle body may resolve this problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron,Thanks for your reply, funnily enough driving last night and this morning it seemed no where near as bad as it has been? go figure, I'll have a look the throttle myself and get the bearing checked if the problem persists or at its next service. Thanks for the advice.Cheers Graham
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Graham you may want to try having the fluid in the transmission changed as well if it has not been done already.