Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Similar issue this morning - my transmission was also stuck

Customer Question

Hi Mike
Similar issue for me this morning - my transmission was also stuck in park. Additionally, my speedometer would not budge and, after I got the car moving (by activating the shift lock release) the vehicle had much less power.
Also some lights were displayed on the dashboard for no reason - seems like it may be a fuse issue also?
Thanks, Gavin
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The shift lock actuator is power by the signal from the break light switch so start with checking to see if the break light are working. Post back with the results and we can work from there.