Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Is the drive shaft in 2nd generation toyota surf 4x4 the

Customer Question

Is the drive shaft in 2nd generation toyota surf 4x4 the same in the petrol and diesel models?
thanks
Bob
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for on this here.This may be due to the info being difficult to obtain.One place that is usually best to tell you if the drive shaft is the same or different is to contact the dealers parts department for your model and they may be able to look up the part numbers and difference in these here and let you know and usually wont charge a fee for this as well.If this is not an option for you let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually I'm in New Zealand.
I have checked with the Toyota dealers and as I expected, get varying answers, so I really need to find out from someone that knows if the drive shaft in a 1991 Toyota Surf can be swapped between the V6 petro and 4Cyl diesel. I do know that 1998-1995 Surfs are classified 2nd generation.
Thanks,
Bob
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Surf is the same as Toyota 4 runner in the States.