Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My nissan patrol 2002 auto lpg dual fuel is sluggish and

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. hi scott. my nissan patrol 2002 auto lpg dual fuel is sluggish and seems to have problems changing up gear especially 3rd. is it transmission or efi? have had problems with sensors but no engine light on this time
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car seems to have half power and makes whirring sound when trying to change gear. had mechanic put computer diagnostics on it but reveal no answer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the transmission mechanically or a transmission sensor or solenoid at fault.I have seen issues with shift or pressure control solenoid failure cause an issue like this here as well as transmission valve body failure that can cause a fault like this.What needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked just to see if any codes are set and then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

If no codes are set the transmission components will need inspected/tested to pinpoint and repair the fault here which may require removal of the transmission for inspection and repair.This is usually best done by a transmission repair facility or a dealer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete