Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited: tim

Customer Question

Hi tim
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Depending on the fault code setting with this fault here this may be an issue with a shift solenoid or sensor issue in the transmission/gear box itself needing replaced to correct this fault.I have also seen faults with the transmission/gear box valve body itself needing replaced in some cases to correct this here.This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate and repair the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically im getting this codes:PT CRUISER ADZGrupo Compañía
Telematics device fault: GPS quality poor (bad device install or vehicle undercover)
General vehicle warning light is on 2 veces
Transmission Control System (MIL Request) 3 veces
TCM Power Input Signal Low 3 veces
Telematics device fault: problem commuWhere i can see, the problem is electrical, includding the dx obd port where the device of telematics cant make commsDo u have any spwcific points of ecm pcm tcm harneses?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I dont see any specific issue in the harness myself here or common faults with this here.It does look with the codes you have above that this is due to a low voltage issue.Check all transmission wiring for any damage or corrosion needing repaired as well as the battery cables at the battery as well as where they run and connect to for any corrosion or damage needing repaired.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. I would have the battery and alternator tested to see if a voltage fault is found with one of them needing corrected to resolve this issue here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its okBasically i think this is an electrical issue.When i unplug the tcm connector, the problem gets solved and the fault codes dessapear.1 day or two later, the problem comes in, basically allways get limp mode and code p0700 and tcm power level.Some times when this happens, the speed signal desapear and have no spped on dash.Something more and no less important, i have a telematics device wich restarts all the time in the obd port for loose of power.Let me know what you thinkThanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are any other electronics acting up with this issue here like resetting like a power loss issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But intermitent and related with the airbags code main and passenger, and oil indicator allways on whent the fault is on.I have made a battery groung and engine ground cleaning.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,this is a difficult question for me to be able to answer here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please check in your team, the vehicle is in san andres islands, so i dont have more options.ill be pending on your response.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have som usefull data.I found intermittance in the obdii harness over the firewall.The obd port loose power and communication when i shake itIt comes from the firewallBesides that, whet it loose obd comms, the speedometer dont work and the gearbox position in dashboard stays all states roundedI have one more day in the island.