cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Glenn I have a 2005 Ford Falcon Futura BA Mk II automatic.

Customer Question

Hi Glenn
I have a 2005 Ford Falcon Futura BA Mk II automatic. It has done 199,000km.
Over the past couple of months it's starting to have trouble slipping its way up the lower gears from a standing start, it will over rev in a low gear before jumping up (particularly worse when turning a corner). In the last couple of days it has on occasion stalled when pulled up, and seems more likely to do this when braking harder.
A bit of online reading could suggests it might be a problem with the Idle Speed Control (ISP) / Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). Does this sound likely? If so would you suggest a clean or adjustment to up the revs? And where is it situated in this car?
Thanks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

What it sounds like is the throttle positing sensor witch is located on the throttle body I would recommend replacing I don't see the isp causing this problem for you you can try cleaning the sensor but most of the time that is only a temporary fix or doesn't work at all I hope I have your question if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance