Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My names ***** *****, im having car troubles with my astra

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my names ***** *****, im having car troubles with my astra sri turbo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: okay well its blowing grey/white smoke and it seems to have a air intake issue it is also showing error codes 1614 1106 0136
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah thats fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
may air intake or turbo issue im not sure, but it is making a loud whilstling noise and blowing white smoke when i accelerate. whilstle noise seems to be coming from the back of the engine. aslo showing error code 1243
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The smoke issue can be due to a turbo failure where the turbo is sucking in oil from an internal failure/leak.Thus can also cause the acceleration issues or lack of power issues in some cases as well.I would have the turbo checked to see if it needs repaired or replaced.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete