Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Install rear vision Camera Hayundai I40 2011

Customer Question

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has responded on how to install a rear vision camera on this model here.In allot of cases this may be due to the person that can help may not be online or the info you are looking for may be difficult to obtain.You might check with a dealer or repair center in your area to see if they can assist with this here.If this was already attempted or is not an option here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot rate your answer yet as with respect you still haven’t.
This is a small town and no one here does this sort of work to avoid interference from other electronics this is the hard wired type not wireless. My question is, it possible to snake the monitor wire from the rear tailgate to the windscreen under the roof lining if I use this method I would have to pick up a contact in the reverse gear selection circuit. Is there one reachable at that end of the vehicle? Option two is to go sideways from the rear to the reversing lights pick up the power supply there and proceed to the front with the signal cable via the door channels. The questions there are how to I remove the side panels en route. Is it possible to neatly do a surface cable run?
Your answers to these questions and suggestions please. My skills level, I am a electrical fitter but have no knowledge of car coach work . Can get on line a worshop manual which explain all this I have had no success in this regard so far
Regards
Ivan
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete I have as of yet not heard from any of the people you have put on to this question I am sill waiting for an answer I note I have been charged for this service, hear from you soon with you suggestions please.
Can you give me the email address or url of any web site who could supply (post or download) a service Manual of the body work and electrical of this car would be a tremendous help.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I have still not had a answer to my last question I am considering going in dispute with pay pal re the cost of your service
Ivan 1st feb 2013
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately some of the web site is having some issues here.I do not see any of my posts or your posts here except your last one.I will send this to customer service so I can see if they can retrieve the posts on this for me to help with this here.

Thanks Pete