Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

My 2011 mercedes benz GL 450 was fitted with a front after

Customer Question

Customer: my 2011 mercedes benz GL 450 was fitted with a front after market nudge bar ,making the front sensors setting off irregularly. if i buy a second set of sensors and mount them on the nudge bar,will this correct my problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: because the nudge bar acts as a obstacle the sensors alarm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i intend to disconnect the original sensors and leave them in place.
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin yes this will solve your issue as long as they face out from nudge bar you will be all up and running let me know if you need anything else

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can the existing wires off the existing sensors be extended the extra length required to fit in the nudge bar.
are you aware how manufacturers of the nudge bars 'ROMIK' .overcome this problem.
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Yes you can extend wires . I think in most cases they either don't have sensors or they are disconnected

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all