Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I have a 2007 Toyota Blade, when braking hard the yellow

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Toyota Blade, when braking hard the yellow exclamation light comes on and make the alarm sound. Also does this when going around tight corners
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robyn,

What you are experiencing may be considered normal for ABS/ESP operation, depending on how hard you apply the brake pedal.

Does the brake pedal pulsate under your foot while the light is illuminating?

Have you felt what a vehicle does when ABS takes effect?

Lots of people I know have never felt this condition, until they need to, then they panic.

I drive my cars hard enough now and then, and I don't mind the feedback from the pedal etc, knowing the ABS is functioning normally.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the brake doesn't pulsate, and the braking isn't extremely hard. This has only started recently and it also does it when cornering uphill so no braking is happening at the time. I wondered if it could be low tyre pressure or something similar
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robyn,

A few things for you to check first:

Please check your tyre pressures are the same all round in the 32-36 psi zone.

32 for comfort, 36 for fuel economy.

Can you look at the tyre tread depth, are they even front tyres to back tyres? About the same wear?

If all this appears to be normal, I'd say by your description the car has an electronic issue, ABS wheel speed sensor, SAS, (Steering Angle Sensor), or Multi-Axis sensor etc.

So I would suggest if you see no abnormality from your own observation as above, I would recommend a scan of vehicle to see if any codes all present in the ABS module, and go from there.

Toyota would do this for you for a small outlay.

Hope this helps.

Gary