Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My XR4 passenger door is closed but the dash warning light

Customer Question

Customer: my XR4 passenger door is closed but the dash warning light is saying that it is not
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i will close the passenger door, but the dash board light will come on saying that the passenger door is open
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure thing how long does it usually take
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This type of problem can be caused by a dirty and sticking door ajar switch and one thing you can try that may solve the problem is to take some penetrating oil and spray a very liberal amount of lube in the door latch and then open and close the door a few dozen time and in some cases this will free up the sticking switch. Give this a try and see if it will resolve your problem as well.