Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Is there anyway that low power steering fluid could

Customer Question

is there anyway that low power steering fluid could pressurise the cooling system is the cooling system and the power steering conected in any way on a 97 v6 camry
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I dont see on this model here where low power steering fluid or the power steering system itself can cause an issue with pressurizing the coolant system.What will cause pressurized issues in the coolant system is a leaking cylinder head gasket needing replaced or an issue with the thermostat being stuck closed possibly.This will need checked further first by having a block test done to see if exhaust gasses are leaking into the coolant system due to a leaking cylinder head gasket (most shops will charge an hour to do this or you can purchase a block tester from a local parts store to test this as well).If this is found to be o.k. then I would flush the coolant system and replace the thermostat.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
To little to late 5 hours ago this information still wouldn't have helped me I'd never use this service again thanks for nothing and telling me what I already know I hope you don't bill me any further can you please confirm that there will be no more charges please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
20 to midnight you finally respond pathetic
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I apologize and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete