Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

80 series landcruiser passanger door locked wont open inside

Customer Question

80 series landcruiser passanger door locked wont open inside or out
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This is usually due to a fault with the door latch assembly needing replaced.I have seen this latch assembly fail before causing an issue like this here needing replaced.The door paneling will have to be removed to access the latch so it can be replaced and to check for any bent or damaged linkage leading from the lock rod or handles.If no linkage is found at fault the latch will need replaced.

When the door is stuck closed like this here this will require a lock smith to open the door or dealer with their tools that slide in past the window in the door to release the latch or the other option is to try and remove the door paneling with the door stuck closed which usually damages the door paneling to where it will need repaired or replaced after it has been removed to access the latch unfortunately.These are the only two options to get your door open to inspect linkage and replace the latch.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete