Ryan-CTech
Ryan-CTech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Technical-minded multi-skilled auto mechanic with over 10 years’ experience in all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing a diverse range of automobiles.
18042535

Is there a drain plug [fuel] 1999 HRV Honda.put Diesel into

Customer Question

is there a drain plug [fuel] for an 1999 HRV Honda.put Diesel into tank.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 11 months ago.

Greetings,

Unfortunately there is not a drain plug. Your choices are to siphon the fuel with a hand pump, or drop the tank. You might be able to disconnect the fuel inlet tube at the tank for easier access.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Ryan, for the late reply. got the vehicle running , and kept it on idle, that seems to have burnt the diesel, and the car is almost drivable. If I keep doing what I am doing ,I think that will fix the problem.
regards.
Geoff. Harrison.

No problem :)

Please don't hesitate to ask any follow up questions you may have. We are always here to help. And speaking of help, a Positive Rating helps me as an Expert so thank you in advance for your feedback. Have a great day! -Cheers