rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I accidentally put 30 litres of unleaded fuel in my Toyota

Customer Question

I accidentally put 30 litres of unleaded fuel in my Toyota Pravda GX 2012. It had about 20 litres of diesel in it. I then drove it for 60kms before realising. What do I do?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

If you want to do this right and not have any problems, drain the tank and start over with fresh diesel fuel. Otherwise, you may have some serious issues. Change the fuel filter too.

Thanks, Ron