Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a Toyota Kluger Grande 2014 model. Tried to unlock

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Toyota Kluger Grande 2014 model. Tried to unlock the car & no response. Tried the spare key and same issue. I manually tried to open and no luck. I proceed to replace battery with both key and no luck. I am stuck at home. Any idea why I can't use the maul key to unlock car
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No that it. Got it car serviced on the 22nd Dec, no issues raised. This only occurred today.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In allot of cases the manual key cylinder will bind up due to lack of use and needs a small amount of lubrication in the cylinder hole itself to let sit and free up any corroded cylinder.If you have not tired this I would see if this works here for this issue.If this does not work for this fault here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete