Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I'm ***** ***** and i have a 2004 Sonata which

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** ***** and i have a 2004 Sonata which intermittently loses power for a few seconds. RPM drop from 2000 to about 1000 then comes back to normal. Car feels as if braked are being applied. Check light sometimes comes on at low revs.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have had throttle body and cam angle sensor replaced. No improvement. Codes apparently indicated faults in this area
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is causing the drop in power the first thing we need to know is what fault code and or codes are that are setting when the check engine light comes on. Post back with the actual fault codes and I will direct you from there.