Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 1996 Nissan Terrano G3mR. The yellow/orange engine

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Nissan Terrano G3mR. The yellow/orange engine warning light just started flashing and the vehicle has gone into limp home mode. Also note that a red light with ATP is coming up on the dash while transmission lever is in park. Goes off when lever moved to drive. Don't remember seeing this light before. Any ideas
cheers Jim
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I have seen with a flashing check engine light that this can indicate the engine has one or more misfires and can be due to a faulty injector or glow plug in some cases or even low compression with damage to a cylinder head valve or cylinder wall or piston or piston rings.This will have to be checked into further first having the codes read out to see what codes are set so that it can be further diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete