Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

, Just checking, I have a 2008 X350. years if the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just checking, I have a 2008 X350. For some years if the battery has been allowed to run down, then a red light is displayed and park brake fault is displayed. The park brake is then locked on solid. The answer is to reset by disconnecting the battery leads for 2 minutes, hold the leads together and then reconnect (plus charge battery if necessary). Tonight, I went to start the car and it gave me the message park brake fault, but no red light. It then enabled me3 to drive it home (park brake not locked on) and I have it on the charger currently. Any idea why this change? Cheers Neil
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No, lets just leave it thanks. I was just curious so I'll see what happens in the morning. Cheers.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

OK we may have more than one problem which are related. The parking brake issue is directly related to low battery voltage so once that is resolved we will need to have the parking brake module software reprogrammed. We first need to have the battery tested as a bad cell can be the cause. We will then need to have the charging system checked as well as an ammeter hooked to the battery to check for any parasitic drain. Let me know.