Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

My 2008 3lt had a damaged left side engine mount. I welded

Customer Question

My 2008 3lt had a damaged left side engine mount. I welded and then taped out the threeds. Bolted it all up and reconnected the battery. When I connected the battery the ABS pump started running and wont stop. I have no gear indicator on my dash and it is stuck in 1st gear.l have tried to start but it won't start not sure what to do from hear.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

1st check that your main engine earth strap is in good condition and tightly fastened and then check all the main power fuses in the under bonnet fusebox for cracks/ burnt terminals

if this is all OK then its possible that you may have blown the main ECU during the welding process

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is possible but I did think by disconnecting the battery it would be all right. I did take the earth lead off the gearbox and will check it again to make sure it is on properly thanks i will get back to you
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

understood

just get back to me on this post

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.