Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Engine in boat 85hp ford bowman getting back pressure in

Customer Question

Engine in boat 85hp ford bowman getting back pressure in exhaust oil and water in sump engine overheating still running smooth on all four cylinders getting really hot under full load and high revs
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be a fault with a leaking cylinder head gasket.I have seen the cylinder head gaskets leak in the past before and cause this issue here needing replaced.This will cause water in the sump as well as over heating and may also be plugging up the exhaust in some cases.If you have not had a block test done this needs done to see if this is the cause here and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete