Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

I have a BF station wagon with an odd electrical problem..

Customer Question

Hi Andrew - I have a BF station wagon with an odd electrical problem.. Door open stays on even when all doors closed, chines bing when you drive off and internal lights comes on (as it should) But its flashes on and off in time with the right indicator only (not on the left)! Was happening some time ago, then disappeared for a few weeks and now it's back again... Very annoying when turning right! I think it may be a bad earth somewhere - any ideas?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 11 months ago.

Hello: What is happening is in each of the door latch assembly,s there is a switch that tells when they are closed, (many times these switches get dirt or grime in them and even if you close the door completely the switches, still dont complete the circuit, (to turn off door light/clime) What you need to do is to get a can of WD-40 spray lube, and spray a lot into each door latch assembly, (latch on each and every door) then open and close each door 5 times to work it in to free-up switch,. Then all should be good, (have fixed so many for customers this way) Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue! Have a Great new years!