sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

G"day Matt, my name is ***** *****, and I have a 300C 3.0 V6

Customer Question

Customer: G"day Matt, my name is ***** *****, and I have a 300C 3.0 V6 Turbo Diesel, the electronic throttle control light went on , I stopped the car and restarted it, the light went off. two days later it went of again, I tried the restart and nothing It was also very sluggish with no accelleration. The service manual states to take it to a dealer, which I did and they said it is a small motor at a cost of $3700.00 to repair is this right ? I am in Australia
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really the small motor is supposed to feed the common rail diesel system, that is all I know . So, what I am accutely after is if this info sound correct.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yeah I'll wait . I though the freedom of information act should cover that for all other Chrysler drivers. The car before that was driving beautifully, smooth with good response. Thanks Matt
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the swirl valve actuator has failed and is turning the light on. If it's setting a swirl valve actuator code it could be the actuator itself or an issue with the actual swirl valves in the intakes. The repair is labor intensive which is why the cost is high.

Do you know what P codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
28 Dec 15, because it is boxing day holiday I need to wait for busines to start tommorrow, I will get the code then.
29 Dec 15, rang Chrysler, and I've just got the codes they are : P1270, P0671, P0672, and P0673, I hope this will help

What year is your car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the year is 2006-7, 3.00 lt V6 Turbo Diesel all Mercedes running gear

I'm a full time tech and at work this morning, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!

P1270 is for the swirl valve issue I mentioned previously.

P0671 is for the number 1 cylinder glow plug, 672 is for cylinder 2, 673 is for cylinder three. I'm certain that the repair they recommended was at least the swirl valve actuator and removing/inspecting or replacing the intakes. They almost surely have included replacing these glow plugs at the same time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks sprinkles08, for all the information, now I can see the tech and know what the problems are, thanks again, great service. a mate from Aus. Kev

You're welcome and good luck with it!