sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2005 Mitsubishi Pajero not going, replaced fuel pump,

Customer Question

2005 Mitsubishi Pajero not going , replaced fuel pump, replaced crank angle censor still not starting
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start issue. You may have a cam sensor or wiring issue, improper cam timing, or if you do have spark but no fuel then it could be a fuel pump wiring issue or possibly just a blown fuse.

The first thing you'll want to do is check fuses if you haven't already.

If you do have spark but no fuel pressure and fuses are good then the next step would be to see if the pump is missing power or ground so the appropriate circuit can be concentrated on.

If you don't have spark then you'll need to check for fault codes as most issues causing a lack of spark will set a code and that can be used as a starting point for diagnosis.

If there is no communication with a scan tool then the issue is either the ECM itself or a loss of power or ground to it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi thanks for reply, but if you read my request you will see that we have replaced the fuel pump and filter
Also crank angle sensor
The fuel pump works only when the engine is turning over, not when ignition is on is this normal
Cheers rob

I did see the repairs that had been done already and my post reflected that information.

What is fuel pressure when cycling the key or while cranking?

Have you checked for spark at the time it won't start?

Are you using an actual scan tool or a generic code reader?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have check spark
We have not got a scaning tool
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you tell me if the fuel pump is to work when the ignition is on or only when the engine is turning over to start
Thanks

A fuel pump will only run when the engine is cranking.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have already told you that the fuel pump only work when the engine is turning over
Not when the ignition is on

I don't follow. I was replying to your last post:

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you read last text I stat that fuel pump only works when the engine is turning over
You replied that the fuel pump only works when the engine is turning over, I got that
Sorry I mist that reply
This vehicle has duel fuel it can run on gas . I don't know if this may be. The problem
Cheers rob

It runs on CNG but not gasoline?