Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Problem with Toyota 1hd fte fuel pump. Have fuel running

Customer Question

Problem with Toyota 1hd fte fuel pump. Have fuel running from filters to fuel pump and cracked open 2 injector lines but can't get fuel through to them. Not quite sure but is it maybe a solenoid being stuck closed to stop fuel in pump or maybe turbo timer faulty and won't let it open. Any ideas on how to check if its a solenoid ? Fuel all the way to pump but doesn't come out to injectors and just winds over with no fire in its belly
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with the pump itself not taking the fuel and producing fuel pressure with it.I have seen the pumps fail before causing this type of fault here.If you can I would have the fault codes checked/read out using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.If this has already been done if there are codes set post them here.If there are no codes set or you cannot get the codes checked let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete