sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The He car in n question is a Mercedes sl55amg sports 2004

Customer Question

The He car in n question is a Mercedes sl55amg sports 2004 model sports I parked the car shopping center the concert curb was high i slightly scraped the front plastic skirt no problem but I noticed a electric lead hanging down .black with 2wires one green and one light purple on the end is a black plastic plug about 25x30 mm with a tapered point the whole world thing looks like a witches hat no metal all plastic I'm trying to find where it goes and what it does .thank you norm.it is xmas night tomorrow or next day ok .
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I believe you may be looking at the ambient temperature sensor. Does it look like this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I did not se the photo of the part in question .it said does it look like this .but no photo

You must not have clicked the link. Click HERE.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok that is the part for sure thank you question does it just hang free or plug into a socket

It just pushes into an opening in the duct under the bumper on the left side. If you look at the top of the duct, if it's still intact, you will see an open hole that the sensor pushes into.