Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Matt, got a V6 lux, 2004 model. Have got a new issue this

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Matt, im Mat! got a V6 Hilux, 2004 model. Have got a new issue this afternoon of clutch pedal sticking to the floor on gear change. I pulled over, checked master and slave, no apparent issue. Can pull the pedal up manually and it flicks back to usual spot as soon as you move it. Tricky thing is, it only does it when you are actually changing gears or trying to come out of gear. I can push the pedal to the floora dozen times when its running or turned off, no issue. As soon as I put it in gear, pedal stays on the floor when released until I manually pull it up. No clutch slippage
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what additional details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just checked it again, now it seems to stick halfway down(as opposed to all the way on the floor) when the car isn't running if I release it very slowly. q quick tap brings it all the way back up as usual.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

1st thing to do is bleed the clutch hydraulics thoroughly and ensure that you completely replace the fluid with fresh,as this sounds like the master cylinder is sticking to me

if the old fluid is very dark then you may have to replace the master cylinder as its possible the seals are broken up

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpfulplease rate my answer.