Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

The evaporater inside my 79 series Toyota landcruiser is

Customer Question

Hi The evaporater inside my 79 series Toyota landcruiser is blocked with dirt I have removed all the nuts etc that holds the fan and covers to the fire wall do I have to pump the gas out aircon & disconect pipes off the evaporater to remove it. I'm assuming I mite have to disconnect heater as well.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually the evaporater gas needs removed and coolant drained to then disconnect the evaporater hoses and coolant heater core hoses to then remove and access it to clean it.In some cases it is unable to be cleaned and may need replaced.I have had some success in the past on some models when removing the blower motor to use a small vacuum to remove the dirt and debris from it to clean it to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete