Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have a 2007 Audi A6 3 litre.Yesterday after driving the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Audi A6 3 litre.Yesterday after driving the car and parking it for 10 minutes, I went to start it and the ignition was totally dead. The battery is 100% and all electrics work fine. There is no engine ignition. Can move the gear shift once I put the key in the ignition. Can take the key out without any problems. There has not been any previous issues.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the starter has a bad spot on the armature, tapping on the starter housing may get it to start one last time , so you can avoid a tow truck expense. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after the rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.