Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Vehicle is a 1992 Suzuki Sierra Ute (Australian) - US

Customer Question

Vehicle is a 1992 Suzuki Sierra Ute (Australian) - US Jiminy?
Vehicle was running OK.
I used it to jumpstart a generator which had been done previously.
I noticed that the positive jumper lead became unusually hot this time.
The vehicle continued to run.
About ten minutes later I turned the vehicle off.
When I attempted to turned the vehicle on there was no power.
The starter motor can be turned over by jumping its contacts.
We have checked the fuses in the fuse box.
I believe it may be a main ignition / battery fuse.
I can not locate this fuse.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect all fuses to see if any have shorted out/blown at all needing replaced.I have seen in some cases where the electronic ignition switch itself can fail internally and fail to send power out to the starter with the switch needing replaced.If this has all already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have checked all the fuses in the fuses box - they are OK. There is no power at all to lights, instruments etc. The starter motor will turnover if its connections are jumped. I believe there is a main fuse however I can not locate it.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I dont have the diagrams on your model here or fuse chart/locations.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This did not provide any help with addressing the problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete