Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I 't see any energizing springs as pictured, I have 2 sets

Customer Question

Customer: I don't see any energizing springs as pictured, I have 2 sets of pilot bearings and I beleive I have a 54 gearbox, car is 54 chev could it be I have an earlier model gearbox?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am reassembling my 3 speed 54 chev gearbox the exploded view pictured shows an energizing spring before the first set of pilot bearing rollers, I don't seem to have one, are these only fitted on 55 or later models?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Classic Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to the model transmission/gear box being different then the model year vehicle.It may have been replaced once before with a different model year or may have been built this way.Unfortunately it is hard to determine from here which is the cause for this issue here.If you can I would allow a transmission repair facility or classic auto repair facility inspect the transmission/gear box to see if they can determine what model this has and what needs done to reassemble this.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete