Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a Mercedes A160 W168 which is limp mode. I have the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Mercedes A160 W168 which is limp mode. I have the ESP-BAS and Engine light on. Error Codes are ECM - P0600 003 and ESP C1 024 error with communication Y3/7n2. Can you assist?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have posted here and with what I have located on this with the codes and issue here this sounds like the transmission control module itself is at fault.This may be located inside the transmission on the valve body as some are designed this way.In some cases you can get the control module seperate from a dealer but in other cases I have had to replace the valve body to obtain it.

The codes will have to be diagnosed further to be sure this is the cause here and this control module or valve body control module combo replaced to correct this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete