Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mate can you help i have a suzuki in our workshop 2012 swift

Customer Question

hi there mate can you help i have a suzuki in our workshop 2012 swift sport 1.6
m15a we replaced trans vehicle started ok run fine then it started to cut out dash has no light/power
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have now dash lights on at all security light flashes on dash as per normal no further responce if i push ignition button at all
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i now have all the dash lights back on but wont start any ideas
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure any wires disconnected from the transmission are all reconnected properly.If these are found to be o.k. make sure all grounds that may have been bolted to the transmission have been reconnected properly.If all of these are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Pete thanks for reply seems the wireless remote out of range put it right on key button all power restored .
Strange thing now is its starts just fine if my scanner is left in old port not even connected at all weird hey .if I remove the old cable egnine will jt crank and not start
I'm lost for ideas .
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome

This still sounds like something may have been left loose like a power or ground when the transmission was done especially if this wasnt an issue until this was done.This is usually the most common cause I have seen.The only thing I can think of here is to have the vehicle checked over for any loose or damaged wiring especially around the transmission and engine areas.

If nothing is found to be at fault I suggest having the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set.This will require a dealers scan tool/computer to check this.If any are set in any of the computers those codes need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cheers ***** ***** work on audi bmw Porsche and bently and more euro this shit box drivess me nuts piece off junk going to check all the looms earth's and pins on gearbox loom etc check in again thanks wayne altech Car clinic
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete