sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a nissan navara 2006 3.0 turbo diesel have a problem

Customer Question

I have a nissan navara 2006 3.0 turbo diesel have a problem with acceleration quite often go to accelerate and car is very sluggish going up a hill or ucer load has no power sometimes when revving through gears it comes back to normal and works ok would like to get to bottom of this problem thank you Terry
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please give me an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isent this question and paid for it at app10.00am itis now 6.15 pm and no answer or even acknowledgement thatyou are trying to find an answer
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

It sounds as if the engine is going into limp in. If the engine controller sees an issue it thinks can cause damage or thinks it doesn't have complete control then it will set a fault code and can derate power. The issue could literally be dozens of things including injectors, sensors, wiring, poor fuel supply, turbo issues or a boost leak.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting. If the engine is going into limp in then there will be codes set that will need to be used as a starting point for diagnosis.