sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** ***** and im here searching to find how to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and im here searching to find how to reset a 2005 ecu or rather clear its codes manually
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2005 holden rodeo 3.0 td. Fault codes manually extracted 67, 21 & 47. Have wiring issue (gearbox wiring harness burnt) which is fixed now. I want to try reset the ecu or clear its codes. Failing that I need to know what the codes refer to.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you don't have a code reader or scan tool you can clear fault codes with a battery disconnect. Disconnecting the battery will clear the ECM's memory and if the problems causing the codes to set are no longer present then the codes will not set again and the engine light will be off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, due to a technical issue with just answer listing me as an expert rather than customer I was unable to respond earlier. This being the case I had to take the car to a mechanic to have the codes cleared. Just disconnecting the battery has never cleared codes for me.I would like a refund as I was unable to converse with you further due to the technical issue with just answer. Thank you.