Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Vh transit stops at about 2000 revs.did the same with old

Customer Question

Customer: dave vh transit stops at about 2000 revs.did the same with old filter but I recently replaced batteries .after replacing old feul filter idid about 30 k and went well.starts good.2002 vh turbo diesel auto bus
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cut out after 1500/2000 rpm but will start again straight away
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I will have to get my card anyway
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

may have developedan air leak on the fuel supply pipe from the tank to the engine. The engine hasno separate lift pump and relies on the built in one in the injection pump. Ifa leak has developed on the fuel suction pipe then air entering the system willair lock the pump.
Try pumping up the fuel using the hand pump in the engine bay on the filterhousing, then crack off / loosen each injector pipe in turn while cranking theengine and getting an assistant to operate the primer. This will expel air fromthe injection side and the engine should fire up. The problem will be cured bychecking the supply pipe along its length for signs of leakage and repairingany you find.

If you daub each pipe joint with heavygrease and the issue goes away then wipethe grease away one at a time to highlight the problem joint