Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Excessive gearbox tunnel heat boot and transfer gear stick

Customer Question

Excessive gearbox tunnel heat boot and transfer gear stick red hot , oil ok exhaust seems ok
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

hello

whats likely is either the DPF or cataylst is blocked and creating excessive heat

if the car feels a bit down on power this would back this up and I'd suggest removing the precat sensor so you can peer inside and check for blockage and damage

there should also be an exhaust heat-shield in this area so check that its there and not broken / missing

Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.