Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

We have a MB GL 320 CDI in Melbourne Aus, 2nd Hand, and the

Customer Question

We have a MB GL 320 CDI in Melbourne Aus, 2nd Hand, and the transmission occasionally rumbles - like it is restless. Have heard that mixing fluid can be harmfull. What are other reaons and solutions that others have found.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the incorrect fluid is put in this can cause transmission slipping or engagement issues.If the transmission is rumbling after the engine is turned off it is possible the radiator cooler for the transmission is leaking and coolant is working its way into the transmission causing this fault here needing replaced.I would have the fluid checked to see if any coolant is making its way into it and if any coolant is found this will need corrected.Coolant in the fluid can damage the transmission in a hurry with the transmission needing repaired or replaced to correct this fault here.

If the transmission is getting to hot due to the cooler being restricted or restriction in air flow through the cooler or if there is an internal mechanical fault with the transmission this will cause an over heat issue and the fault will need to be located and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete