Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

The steering lock is on my legacy and I cant start my car,

Customer Question

Hi the steering lock is on my legacy and I cant start my car, can you help?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this model uses the electronic steering lock and this lock is not releasing at all this can be due to a faulty electronic lock itself.I have seen these locks fail before needing replaced before the vehicle can be started,If the steering will not unlock then the vehicle will not start.Try a second key if you have one to see if this allows starting but if this doesnt allow starting I suspect the lock will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete