Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I'm ***** *****, my issue is regarding my vr commodore.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm ***** *****, my issue is regarding my vr commodore.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes I went shopping today and it was running fine, but when I got back to leave my car started but was really struggling to stay running. I reversed out and drove 10 meters and it stopped! and it won't fire back up, it cranks but that's it, I'm wondering if the throttle cable is the problem? and thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My throttle cable was a little frayed and I think something might have broken off the throttle body that makes it run. I had to leave the car at the shopping centre because I only have $100 I can spend on it till next week when i'm paid, so i'm not sure what to do :(
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I'm Gary, I'll try to help you.

Your VR V6 could have a crank sensor fault, very common.

Or a failing fuel pump.

Your throttle cable, even if broken, would not stop the engine starting.

If it has now cooled down and restarts ok, then the crank sensor could be the fault.

Gary