Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

My Hyundai Trajet 2.7 V6 has a problem. It starts okay, runs

Customer Question

My Hyundai Trajet 2.7 V6 has a problem. It starts okay, runs okay up to about 60 kph, then begins running rough and lacking power. Drop below 60 again and it's okay again. Ideas?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injector rail and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.