sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2006 Toyota Sportivo 2006 instrument panel, radio and

Customer Question

My 2006 Toyota Sportivo 2006 instrument panel, radio and power windows fail in a non progressive manner and the problem seems to revolve all around the place. In addition the airconditioning has failed and often blows hot air.
The onboard computer had been replaced which fixes some of the problems but not all.
Have you seen this problem before and if so do you have an answer?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a number of things that can cause issues like you're describing but I would first suspect a loss of ignition switched voltage to multiple components. This could be a wiring or power distribution issue or the ignition switch itself, the ignition switch is a common cause of problems like this.

Have you tried moving the ignition switch slightly forward and back while the items are not working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not fix the problem. I am pursuing other options such as getting hold od another second hand module as the first one was water affected. Will keep you posted

Ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I can't rate you at this stage because the car is not fixed and Toyota has it to try to solve the problem. I have shared your solution with them but at this stage I have had no answer back so if you have any more ideas I would like ti hear them. Toyota is having trouble sourcing parts for the car and have tried second hand ones without success. At this stage I have no idea what is going on but I hope it is the ignition switch although they are skeptical. Will keep you posted.

Let me know how it goes.