Scott
Scott, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 yrs experience with Aussie, Japanese & British cars
29644491

I have just purchased a Club Car buggy. The batteries are

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Club Car buggy. The batteries are all connected by a tube with a plug on the end. I presume this is to top up the batteries with water. How often do I put water in the batteries?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
If the batteries are in an enclosed location, the tube is most likely a vent for the hydrogen generated by them. It can also be used to top up the electrolyte, but if they are conventional lead acid battery, that should be done through individual inspection of each battery or cell.
If a properly regulated charger is used, there should be minimal electrolyte loss.
If the tube is plugged, it's done so to stop ingress of foreign material with the vehicle not in use. It will need to be open to atmosphere during charging & discharging (ie operation)
I hope this helps!
Cheers
Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Enjoy..